26th December 2022
- On Walking as a Productivity System
- An essay on the future of Blockbuster Franchisees
- A link to ALL of Jeff Bezos’ Annual Shareholder letters. A masterclass is writing.
- An short piece on the effect of sound on the taste of drinks.
- “From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached.” - Franz Kafka
- I have the worst plan for two years, and the best for ten.
- Sometimes the hardest decisions a person can make will most likely lead to the best outcomes.
- You just need to have the courage to eliminate everything that doesn't directly feed what you really want. - James Clear
- “99% of the world is convinced they are incapable of achieving great things, so they aim for the mediocre middle-ground. The level of competition is thus fiercest for 'realistic' goals, paradoxically making them the most time- and energy-consuming.” - Tim Ferris
Books I’m intrigued by
- The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal
- Metaphors we live by George Lakoff & Mark Johnson
- Klara & the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Party City, uniquely dealing with a helium shortage, has six months to get its average closing share price to $1, else face NYSE delisting
- A fun exercise with 40 questions to ask yourself at the end of the year.
- The original Walkman came with two headphone jacks for dual listening, but it turned out consumers preferred to listen solo.
- A gorgeous selection of images from the New York Times depicting 2022.